Public Records Unit
120 Marconi Blvd.
Columbus, OH 43215
View on Map
Phone: (614) 645-4925
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00AM - 2:00PM (Closed on Holidays)
Mission Statement & Unit Information
The mission of the Public Records Unit is to provide access to all public records retained by the Division of Police in accordance with law and Division policies and procedures, provide records to law enforcement and governmental agencies, and maintain records within the control of the Unit in accordance with the approved record retention schedule.
The Public Records Unit is comprised of one Public Safety Analyst, five Management Analyst I’s, two Office Assistant I’s and one Police Property Clerk. The Public Records Unit is part of the Records Management Bureau, within the Support Services Subdivision.
- Responding to and processing requests for “Public Records.”
- Monitoring and maintaining accurate documentation and files for Public Record requests.
- Responding to inquiries from other areas of the Division of Police and other areas within the City.
- Maintaining communication and cooperation with other areas of the Division of Police to ensure the attainment of the organizational goals.
- Staying abreast of changes in law regarding Public Records and Records Retention.
- Recognizing potential problems for the Division of Police regarding public records and records retention and developing plans to correct them.
Public Records Requests